There are two steps in applying to the Summit Program.
Acceptance is based on the following criteria:
- Test scores on the Mini-School Entrance Exam
- A’s in Math and Science courses taken in Grade 6 and the first term of Grade 7
- B-minimum on all other core subject areas
- Participation and excellence in extracurricular clubs, music, or sports teams
- Evidence of active participation in Physical Education classes as some of our field trips are physically demanding
- The student must show willingness for group involvement and interaction.
- The student must show willingness to participate in the community outside of Vancouver Technical Secondary.
Timeline for Application & Acceptance:
- November 5 – 13: Online application and registration for the DSAP Exam.
- Thursday, November 24: DSAP Exam
- Thursday, December 15: Deadline for submission of Summit Application to Van Tech
- Wednesday, March 1st: Successful applicants will be offered acceptance by email only
- Friday, March 3rd: Deadline for first-round offers to be accepted.